ITI or Industrial Training Institute are organizations or educational centers which provide courses to students looking out for employment just after completing school.
Basic qualification and the eligibility criteria for ITI course can be a pass out in 8th, 10th or Matriculation from any recognized board. ITI course provides relevant industry specific skills to students.
These courses helps candidates to land in technical as well as non – technical jobs in respective industry or sectors. The ITI courses helps students to encourage to start small scale business and in turn helps to create job opportunities. The courses can be categorized in two categories – Technical and Non- technical. Technical courses are mainly focused on Engineering, Mathematics and Science. Non – technical courses provide soft-skills, specific non –technical trades and more.
However these institutes are controlled by Directorate General Employment and training (DGET), Ministry of Labour and Employment, Union Government of India to provide training in various streams. India has around 14312 training institutes. Once training is completed trainee can appear in AITT ITI (All India Trade Test). ITI NTC is awarded to applicants who clear the exam.
Top 5 ITI colleges in Bangalore
- Government Industrial Training Institute
- Bibi Fathima I.T.I college
It is one of the best ITI college in Bangalore, Karnataka. They provide various technical programs which are affiliated by DDDD.
- Acharya ITI
Acharya Group which is led by its founder and Mentor Sri S.R. Acharya since 1980 has grown in diverse activities into Technical Education, Overseas Education Consultancy, Technology products and Affordable Hospitality.
- Loyala Industrial Training Institute Bangalore
This institute provides 2 year program also for shorter courses to prepare technicians for industry specific trainings and private jobs.
- Sri Vidya Industrial Training Institute
Once the students complete ITI course various job opportunities are available in Public Sector Units/ PSUs such as Telecom/BSNL, Railways, IOCL, State Wise PWDs, ONCG. In addition great career opportunities in Indian Armed Forces can also be explored.
Career and the Scope Involved with Salary. Students can opt for below career choices after completing 10th& 12th.
- Mechanic Computer Hardware
- Network Technician
- Baker and Confectioner
- Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician
- Architectural Draughtmanship
Benefits of ITI course:
Electronics, Welding refrigeration and air conditioner mechanic are the most important skills in an ITI student in private sector. One can opt for these ITI course which helps to start with their own business and be self-employed.
Below are some of the Top 10 ITI colleges in India –
- Industrial Training Institute, Mandvi (Surat) Government
- Government Industrial Training Institute (Women) Namakkal
- Industrial Training Institute Sadhaura
- Government Industrial Training Institute, Trichy
- Salboni Government ITI
- Government Industrial Training Institute, Ulundurpet
- Government Industrial Training Institute, Purulia
- Government Industrial Training Institute (Women/Mahila) Raebareli
- Government Industrial Training Institute, Tiruchendur
- Government Industrial Training Institute (Women), Madurai
ITI Selection process:
Selection process varies from state to state. Priority is given on the basis of merit. Merit seats are allocated as per Marks obtained in previous class.